Monday, July 25, 2011

my deep shade

So, when I made the colour ballpoint pen drawing for the Pen Addicts pen review, a few days ago, I knew I hadn't finished with them. I made my first drawing of colour pens 4 and a half years ago. I'm surprised that I haven't revisited this subject since then. Yeah, I've drawn loads of pens but not the colour ballpoints. Yet, they are the most delectable of subject matter. And, I am still not finished. In this drawing, I really like the parts where two pens, and two colours, meet. I want to continue playing with that and pushing to see where it can take me. And my pens.


This drawing is for sale HERE.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy to see them & excited to see new ones.

melydia said...

I have a stupid question: is each pen drawn with itself?

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, and yes, each pen is drawn with itself!

Marcia Beckett said...

That's amazing! I thought it was a photograph at first.

laura said...

Fabulous, and I love the way the pens are arranged like the spectrum of color: wonderful idea!

Helen Ström said...

Lovely composition, colors and of course the whole drawing!!

Claire M said...

Fascinating for sure!

elena nuez said...

simplemente genial!

Anonymous said...

well your drawing funk of a few weeks ago seems to have disappeared-keep it up! Regards Mike pyne

eye said...

each pen drawn with itself...
that's got to be cool for the pen as well...watching its own image being laid down on paper,it must be thinking, "wow! I can finally see myself, no-one has ever held me up to a mirror"... great work, Andrea... Tim M.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you all, folks.
I still havent finished with these guys. I mean, how many compostions can you get from a bunch of pens? LOADS!

Cheers.

Cassy said...

Colorful pen collection. Can I have one? lol.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Timaree said...

After reading the newest post about pushing yourself to draw more difficult things I have to tell you that to me, all these pens with their translucency on some is a most difficult subject. For one, if the lines on the pen lengths get wonky, the pen won't look real and so on and so on. You draw very well even difficult subjects. You just want to draw anything and everything with confidence and ease and I can sure understand that!