Saturday, July 16, 2011

some of them like to tell a story that is long and old

I thought that I'd finished this drawing about three days ago, but I added a little more today. I say that I added a 'little more' when, in fact, what I actually mean is that I've spent probably another five or six hours on it. Believe it or not it had started out as quite a minimalist piece!

Plus, now that I see it on screen I can see a couple of places where I'd like to add something else. To make the composition flow more freely. But, for tonight, I am putting it down. And giving my mince pies a rest.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my fave piece of yours I've seen yet! Maybe because I make jewelry...so pretty!

T. Roger Thomas said...

I'm impressed.

Vivere said...

What a beauty! You are a genius of your own right. lol.

Stephen Hall said...

This is wonderful Andrea, the detail is stunning :-) xx

Patti Sandham said...

What a cool collection of stuff. Your detail is so amazing. You'll have to show us the finished piece.

Cheers

Carin Winkelman said...

What a wonderful drawing. I had to smile at your need to add things again and again. I do a lot of mixed media and I just can't stand an empty space on a page even though sometimes it's probably better to just leave it alone ;-) I admire people who work with white spaces on the page, but I just cannot seem to do it myself. Yours still has plenty of space left, so in my eyes you already are a minimalist, haha.

Anonymous said...

I love the details!