Tuesday, July 05, 2011

in between tonight and my tomorrows

A few posts ago I told you about how I'd swapped the childish purse I'd been carrying around for the ever so grown up owl purse on the left. The childish purse in question was the cat one on the right. When my friend saw my new purse she said "so now you've had an owl and a pussycat". Then we both looked at each other and said "now, THAT would be a good drawing".


I don't know if it's any good, but I do know that these pair are the most delicious of subjects to draw. I love all the patterns and textures. And, I'm not sure that I've finished with them yet.

9 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

these are awesome! your drawing skill never ceases to amaze me! i wish i had a purse like that!

Constantina Kalimeris said...

Andrea, your artwork has always amazed me...you are truly an inspiration...I have been following your work for a few years but this is the first time I'm commenting on your blog because I just started blogging and I didn't know anything about commenting...hope
my little purse will blossom with some cash some day soon so I can buy some of your masterpieces

Katie Cannon said...

When I fist looked at them I thought it was a photograph

Heloisa Angeli said...

I liked this draw, I liked your blog and I will come back with more time later.

Stephen Hall said...

utterly gorgeous!!! xxx

Tim said...

one word: beautiful texture. oh, that's two words. Still admiring your work after all these years.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, my lovelies.

Constantina, its nice to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words.

Timaree said...

I thought you were sharing a photo of your two purses! Wow. This is really good.

h said...

Adorable! I am loving your work, I found you via your Pen Addict post.