Friday, March 02, 2012

what are zines?

This is one of the questions I am most asked (asked most?); what are zines? Or, to be precise, what the hell are zines?I tried to answer it in this drawing, above, that I made for my latest zine 'How to draw Like a Loon'. I'm not sure how well I answered it, it was a pretty clumsy attempt. But then, I ain't that great with words. Which is why I draw.

While, I'm not sure how to explain exactly what zines are I absolutely know why I love making them so much. This little video by the folk at Salford Zine Library tells the joy of being a zine maker a lot more eloquently than I ever could. Watch it HERE.

You can view and buy my zines HERE. Also, there are now limited stocks of Molezine 1. I've always wanted to say that!!

3 comments:

pete scully said...

nice one Andrea! I have that red book, is that "stolen sharpie revolution #2"?

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Yeah, Pete, it is. It's a must have for zine makers.

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

I love making 'zines and I too am often asked to explain what they are. These are great resources! thanks!