Saturday, March 17, 2012

i'm going to FIX up the yard

A couple of weeks back I could not stop drawing. Seriously, it was out of control. I always new that that would be followed by a bit of a funk, and the past week I've found it difficult to even pick up a pen. Today, though, I made this quick sketch.

I think sketching is what Saturday afternoons are made for. I'd like to make it a tradition; a quick Saturday afternoon sketch. But, now that I've said that, it'll probably never happen again. You know how saying something out loud is usually the kiss of death?

Despite the quote in the drawing, this isn't actually my yard (although, to be honest, mine is not much better). This pile of rubble is in my next door neighbours yard. He's just had a new bathroom fitted so there's a bath, sink and toilet, amongst other things, in the pile. I kept looking at it, thinking about drawing it but I didn't know where to possibly start. As always the answer is to stop thinking about it and to just jump in.

8 comments:

Vicky said...

With skills like yours, even a pile of trash looks great!

Jennifer Edwards said...

Andrea, I think this is one of my favorite drawings of yours. A wonderful jumble, full of meaning, of real-life stuff found in your neighbor's yard. And I love the quote along with it...and the "just jump in" method!

Unknown said...

"As always the answer is to stop thinking about it and to just jump in." That's the key and you did a fabulous job.

CHRIS MURRAY said...

you always make the ordinary look magical

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, ladies.

Jennifer, REALLY???!!!!

Here's to more jumping in, right?
Cheers, my dears.

John H said...

Love the detail. Can you please check my drawings out?? Thanks. http://eltonave.blogspot.co.uk/

John H said...

http://eltonave.blogspot.co.uk/

Dont think the last comment sent!

Carole Pivarnik said...

Your drawings are so darned GOOD!