Wednesday, February 08, 2012

you know that we belong in the presidential suite

I'm so close to finishing this travel Moleskine sketchbook I can almost touch the finishing line. There's just two pages left to finish. It was started almost three years ago and I dread to think how much time has gone into it. Not that I mind though. 'Cos I just love drawing.

The pencil case, above, was a Christmas pressie from my best mate. It came filled with all sorts of bits and bobs. From sugar sachets, badges and labels, all of which had designs that were right up my street and that could have only been collected by somebody that knows me so well, to old notes, letters and things from way back in our past; from times, places and people I'd forgotten all about.

I think this is such a fabulous idea for a gift. Why not do something like it for somebody you know? I think I will. Because what could possibly be better than receiving a Colman's mustard pencil case full of inspiration and love?


You can see the whole of the travel moleskine sketchbook HERE. And, buy the little travel Molezine HERE.

11 comments:

T. Roger Thomas said...

I'm a little confused about the product you have for sale on Etsy. If I'm reading this correctly, it's nine pages of your awesome drawings. Are these the original drawings or copies? Also, these don't come with blank pages where I could make my own notes, right?

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

" 'Cos I love drawing."
Love it. Your work is, as always, utterly impressive. I really like this one a lot.

c said...

I am just completely blown away by your drawings and talent. I just keep repeating "how does she do it? How DOES she DO IT???"

c said...

I am just completely blown away by your drawings and talent. I just keep repeating "how does she do it? How DOES she DO IT???"

Felix said...

I just ordered "How to draw like a loon" I cant wait to get my hands on this one.

You are extremely blessed.
WOW!!!

elena nuez said...

just amazing artworks!!!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you for your kind comments, guys.

T. Roger Thomas, they are little printed booklets of my work. The one linked to this post is from the travel sketchbook. hope that helps.

Cheers!

suzanne cabrera said...

What an amazingly sweet gift!!!!! So inspired by your latest posts...well, by all your posts...you're the best.

Karien Barnes Art said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karien Barnes Art said...

Do you use artist pencils for the colouring?

Philippa said...

Thank you for sharing your travel Moleskine, I feel really inspired to start my own now. :)

xxx