Saturday, July 28, 2012

on a magic carpet ride

I was out delivering some art work a couple of weeks back when I found this place; Eccles Pike. It's one of those places I've heard being talked about many a time. One of those places that is on your doorstep but you never get around to visiting. This is the view over Combs reservoir. from this spot, at the top of the Pike, I could easily have done a 360 and drawn the whole view. Maybe that's a project for another day. When it's less windy. This was not easy to draw.

It is one of those drawings that seems to be crying out for colour, though. I might just have to get the pencils out.

Update; I got the pencils out. But I still think it needs MORE.

4 comments:

T. Roger Thomas said...

I really like it right now but agree that it could be improved with some more color.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Hey, thank you. I've added some (as you can see) but I feel it needs even more! Cheers.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! It does need a bit more though, more colour, I think? A bit more drama :)

Genine said...

Wow Andres, these are beautiful. I am loving your work as usual.

Hope all is well!!

Genine