Wednesday, August 11, 2010

and it just don't matter now

As I've said a million times before, when it comes to drawing with ballpoints (or biro, if you're British) I'll use any old make. I have no loyalty to any particular brand. Biro, Bic, Papermate, Staedtler, unbranded, Tesco Direct. Any. Found pens, old pens, new pens, free pens, chewed pens. I'll use anything. There is just one problem with this. When your pens run out you can't always find replacements. That's especially annoying when a pen becomes a favourite. Like this one. This drawing of Josh's Stan Smiths has finished off my favourite trusty non blotchy unbranded ancient chewed up old biro.

This drawing is now available to buy HERE.

12 comments:

Haley said...

Aww, the end of an era . . . a new unbranded pen that you find somewhere unexpected will come your way soon I'm sure. Great drawing again!

Genine said...

i can feel your pain.... this has to be one of my favorite drawings Andrea!! Well done.

MrCachet said...

Andrea,

I don't know whether you can get these in your little corner of the universe, but I saw this yesterday and I have to have one - just to see how they really work.

http://www.linesandcolors.com/2010/08/10/sharpie-liquid-pencil/

Sarah Coggrave said...

I love using biros too - and I love this drawing :-)

Sketchalina said...

I haven't seen a pair of stan smith's in decades. Love this sketch. Good luck falling in love with a new pen.

Roz Stendahl said...

Andrea,the pen may be gone but it went out in a blaze of glory—it's a wonderful drawing!
Roz

bjw_draw said...

I too mourn with you. A ball point in your hand transforms the ordinary.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, folks.

This drawing had a bit of a shaky start, and I did think I'd have to give up on it. I'm glad I didn't 'cos I really like the end result.

Thanks for sharing my dying ballpoint pain.


Cheers all.

Peter Fong said...

This is amazing. The texture looks so nice. Makes me want to try using normal pens to doodle. I just started a sketchbook blog of my own come check me out :)

peterpatterpeter.blogspot.com

Adriana said...

Suas ilustrações são lindíssimas.. perifeitas!!! Parabéns!!

Kwezzo said...

Skimming thru blogs, stumble upon yours. Sketches are really good. This one happened to be one of the best in my opinion. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

YOUR DRAWINGS ARE REALLY GRAND. They are really detailed and acurate yet they are not impersonal. Thank you for sharing.