Tuesday, August 21, 2012

feelin' allright

I did these two quick sketches, of my nephew, the weekend before last, when my family came to stay. I took a long weekend off from drawing (apart from these) because I knew that right up until mid September my eyes are going to be taking a right old battering, so to speak. Yes, I have so much drawing work on that I've also had to take time off from my day job.
 
It might only be a month off work but it marks a milestone for me. For this month, for the first time, I am an illustrator. A full time illustrator. And, it feels pretty good. Pretty good.

17 comments:

Justine said...

Exciting, congrats!!

sarita said...

OMG, that's HUGE!!! Congratulations to you...:)

Jane said...

And it's well-deserved and long overdue - really looking forward to the results, and very much hope you enjoy the process.

ale prendes said...

congratulations ! . . i've discovered your blog recently and i like your drawings a lot

Unknown said...

So glad to hear it! Conratulations, Andrea!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Well done Andrea, here you go then...into the world of illustration, great stuff! I've been quite poorly so missed the YSP sketchcrawl and everything. Wishing you well with this new venture :)

evensketchier said...

Congratulations! That must be an excellent feeling. Well deserved for sure.

pedalpower said...

Congratulations! That's great!

G. said...

Toutes mes félicitation A.
4 years.. There were blind!
regards.G

G. said...

toutes mes félicitations A.
4 years.. there were blind!
Regards.G

Anonymous said...

Toutes mes félicitations A.
4 years.. There were blind!
regards.G

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

It's good to do what you were meant to do.

Dan Kent said...

WOW! That's excellent!!! Also good, btw, that you have a job where you can take a month off. I am so happy for you!!!

Caroline B said...

That's great - hope this leads to you being able to be an illustrator full-time!

harry bell said...

Excellent! Congratulations.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, everyone. You are very kind. I, too, hope it's just a taste of things to come.

Art Matters said...

Let's hope it's the first of many more months of being an Illustrator!