Friday, June 22, 2012

under the bridges of Paris

A couple more from this week's Dr. Sketchy event. In fact, I think I might just dedicate this whole week to lovely ladies and Dr. Sketchy.
Life drawing is all new to me so I have to ease myself into these drawing sessions. I start by sketching each new pose in my 'warm up' note book (the blue lined paper). If I like the pose, and the composition it makes on the page, I'll then re sketch it into my Moleskine sketchbook. I often then play around with the Moleskine sketches at home. Pimp them up, if you like.

So, that's what you have here; two versions of the same pose by the lovely Miss Pixie Parfait. The bottom is the warm up and at the top of this post the worked up version.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I like how you were able to later enhance your sketch. I am new to life drawings, I sometimes get hung up on one area and take too much time. I also liked the roller derby girls.

bellefrogworks said...

Absolutely love this drawing. Thanks for sharing some of the process as well.

Dan Kent said...

I love the "worked up" version - it is great to get all the information you need in the session and then work it up. Great style (as always).

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks guys.

Yes, Nancy, me too. That's why I play around with quick sketches before going in for the details.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...


Thanks for revealing your ideas.