Thursday, June 28, 2012

put on your red dress baby

 When I went to the 1950s event last weekend I fully intended to spend the day drawing cars. It's one of those subjects I really want to tackle. I've always been too intimdated to draw them but, these days, I love the challenge of drawing the things that previously scared me off. Anyway, despite that, I ended up getting distracted by all the dancing - as you can see in my last two posts. I did draw a couple of cars and a motorbike though. This was the most successful. It's the car that belongs to the dancing pair in the previous post's drawings.

 I made the sketch at the event and coloured it in at home. I never know whether putting the colour in will be a good thing so I scanned it before I went ahead with the red pencils. I actually like both versions. So, here's the before and after. Which do you prefer?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are both awsome ! Paul prefers the red one a tiny bit more, I love the little dog and how you have caught him peeking, and we both can't get over the detail you have gone into, it is stunning, thank you again Elaine & Paul x

Danielle said...

I'm loving the RED! And the way your drawing makes the car have such personality...

Bert said...

Always a pleasure to look at your drawings!

And I do prefer the colored car, it has more personality.

Dawn said...

i like both too, but i am a fan of color, and the red really makes it pop! ;)

Murray Dewhurst said...

Instantly recognisable as a MKII Zephyr or Consul. Both versions look so different!

Unknown said...

Red. Without a doubt.

ersimarina said...

I like the red better too. It's such a beautiful, old-looking red! Very appropriate for a vintage car. Otherwise, both sketches are beautiful.

EDONAdesigns said...

I love the red! Your work is amazing. - Erin

Cheryl Gebhart said...

They're both nice, but I definitely prefer the red. I love color!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, everyone.

I definitely agree. The red is the better one. It's always a tnese moment, though, when you add the colour. Will you spoil the sketch? The are definitely drawings where I should not have added colour.

Elaine and Paul, you are welcome. The car was just beautiful and the little dog made it even more dawable. So glad you like it x

Thanks everybody. I appreciate all of you taking the time to comment.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh, and Elaine and Paul, I'm sure you noticed (with it being your pride and joy) I didn't leave enough room for the second M. Durgh!

wenwin said...

i love popping over to see your blog. it always amazes me and i adore your work. definitely the red. a splash of color becomes candy for the eye!

Dan Kent said...

Red!! Love this - quirky and fun. Great car. Love the dog.

Anonymous said...

We did notice, but there was no way I was going to mention it ! You got so much detail in on all the other areas of the car, what does an "M" matter, besides which you made me look lovely and thin in my pictures, and for that I can forgive anything lol , Elaine & Paul x

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Im not sure if you do but ,If you ever decide to sell the drawings would you let me know please, my email is elaine.mellor1@ntlworld.com. Thanks again for choosing us xx

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Cheers, guys.

Elaine, I've emailed you.