Saturday, June 09, 2012

above the clouds

And now for something completely different. Different from all the sketch crawl stuff that I've been posting of late anyway. Here's a couple more from the James and Giant Peach project. These drawings will become the backdrops to the play. I find it quite difficult to not get sucked into all the details. After all, that's what I love to do.

The scene below is what goes on inside the peach on an average evening. As I was finishing it I was reminded of one of my favourite Spike Milligan poems which goes like this;

'Today I saw a little worm wriggling on his belly,
perhaps he'd like to come inside and see what's on the telly.'

I bloody love that.

8 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

I just love all of them packed on the sofa to watch the Telly! So cozy and cute!! Nancy

Constantina Kalimeris said...

I love it too...you were a poet and you didn't know it:)...love all the artwork you've done for James and the Giant Peach!

Constantina Kalimeris said...

I love it too!...you were a poet and didn't know it...:)...love all the illustrations you've done for James and the Giant Peach!

Mariana said...

These are brilliant Andrea!

Don West said...

You're bloody cute lol!

bellefrogworks said...

So love these drawings - they just draw my eyes to them - I love the black and white buildings with the peach above them. Your work is wonderful!

alarmcat said...

very cute, the critters on the sofa! i love the facial expressions of the two worms/bugs at each end!! they don't look very happy

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks so much, folk.

Alarmcat, yes, hose two do not get on!

Cheers.