Tuesday, January 24, 2012

like a tea tray in the sky

Last Saturday we held our monthly meeting of the Sketchcrawl North group. Well, actually Lynne held it at her house. To keep out of the Sheffield cold and rain we had a sketching tea party. A Mad Hatter's Sketching Tea Party to be precise. There were a few rules. Everyone was to
a) wear a hat
b) bring some interesting crockery
c) make some food for the party.

A great effort was made by everyone. Specifically Lynne's husband, John, who kept us in cups of tea all day. The biscuits below were made by our newest member of the group, 9 year old Josh.

I went the French route with my hat, and took my spotty and stripey tea pots. For food, well, I focused on the word 'Mad'. So, if you'd like my recipes for Eyeball Chutney and Allotment Antipasto I'll be sharing them in my next post.

For now, go check out Lynne's fabulous drawings and photos of this magical day HERE. Can you spot my spotty tea pot? It's never looked so good.

6 comments:

Dan Kent said...

Love both your sketches! Such style you have! Hmmm, y'all eat eyeballs over there, do ya?

alison said...

Love it, what a great idea and fab. drawings. Sounds like everyone had fun.

Anonymous said...

Love love love it.. the sketches the idea your hat and your madness! xxx

Johanna said...

Oh wow, it sounds like sooooo much fun!! I want to go to a mad hatters sketch party too! I am beyond myself with envy. Great sketches too :)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you guys.

Yes, Dan, we do. And to prove it I'll be sharing some drawings and photos of those eyeballs soon!

It was a fabulous day thanks to the great Lynne Chapman.

Johanna, why not arrange one?

Cheers, my dears.

Patti Sandham said...

I just love the French beret!!! What a clever combination of text and art. One of my favourites!

Cheers