Wednesday, May 28, 2014

get out of town, think i'll get out of town

 Here are the two sketchbook spreads that I mentioned in my last post. Both were made whilst in Amsterdam filming for Sketchbook Skool and both were finished when I got back home.

The top drawing is a drawing that I wanted to make when I went to Amsterdam. I guess I wanted to make it before I went out there. I knew that I wanted to get at least one drawing of those old Dutch tall, thin houses along the canal banks. But, that's not all. When I saw this drawing in my mind, this is the style and these are the lines I wanted to achieve. And, that doesn't always happen. Sometimes, I have no idea where the pen will take me.

The second is a sketch I made at Erasmuspark in Amsterdam. I just added colour pencil at home. I shouldn't have bothered with the lettering though.


6 comments:

Phyo Maw said...

Go Green! Beautiful sketches as usual :D

Florence said...

They're lovely :)

Anonymous said...

your detail is amazing!

Koosje Koene said...

Wow, you added so much detail, and the greens are fabulous!

ahmed said...

great and well set drawing. best of luck for the coming work

Anonymous said...

LOVE the blending of the color of the tree! :))