Monday, May 18, 2015

i'm going to clear out my head, i'm going to get myself straight

I've been cleaning up my house recently. And cleaning up my act. I've always kept stuff 'for drawing'. For that day when I finally sit down and draw my stamp, matchbox, buttons, receipts, doll's heads (really), cork collections. Amongst many others.
But, this isn't fitting in with my quest for minimalist living. So there's going to be a cull. Things are getting serious. But how can I get rid of these corks? They are thing of beauty. I've drawn them before (above and below) and I may want to draw them again. They all have their own characters and personalities. They're all slightly different. You can make rubber stamps out of them. They have sentimental.....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Andrea, these are fantastic! Such a talent!

dinahmow said...

One cannot be a proper artist and a minimalist. Fact.

Kay said...

I've been doing something similar, throwing out stuff or selling stuff I've had for years, decades even. Letting go is really hard! Lovely drawings, as always.

Kay said...

I've been doing something similar for the past few months too, giving stuff away or selling stuff on Ebay. Letting go is really hard! Lovely drawings as always. The corks are beautiful.

Caroline B said...

I've given up on minimalism, every time I chuck something out I want it back a few weeks later. Just have to accept the clutter in the name of art...

alissaduke said...

KEEP THEM ( I know that doe snot help your quest for minimalism)

Andria said...

Your drawn corks like the REAL THING! Love them. (Minimalism is overrated, if you ask me.)