Friday, May 22, 2015

How to upcycle and old radio (drawing)

 As I may have already mentioned, I've been cleaning up my house recently. It fell into disrepair due to neglect (by me) and now I'm giving it some much needed attention. I've put a deadline on getting it done too; August. I have decided to do an Open House then, to show off all my hard work - decorating and drawing - and you're all invited. I need to, not only paint the whole place, but, get my work together to frame and hang. I came across this radio drawing whilst sorting through stuff. I made it, about six years ago, whilst in Italy. It was on that trip that I met lapin for the first time too. I also drew his hat. But that hangs in his home.
 Anyway, I decided I'd like this drawing to be at my Open House exhibition, so last night I played around with it a little. I upcycled this old radio, if you like. There were practical reasons for doing it; the brown pens I used back then (my beloved Pilot G-tec) are just not light fast, and so, as I wanted this radio hanging on my wall, in August, it too needed a little attention. I went over it all in brown light fast fine liners and added a little colour pencil. An improvement on the original? I don't know. That's all subjective.
Now, I haven't got time for all this. I've got walls to paint. AUGUST?! The whole house by August

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the upcylcing!

Barbara B said...

Great idea, wonderful energy. Nice to have deadlines. We have a wedding in the family this weekend, so art takes a backseat to home improvements. Will be in the UK in August, so maybe the timing will work out to attend your opening.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, both.
Barbara, it'll be on the Bank Holiday at the end of August. Hope to see you then!

Agence immobilière maroc said...

NIce post