Wednesday, January 16, 2013

i have internet!

Hello folks. Wow, that was some break. It is without any shadow of  doubt the longest I've spent away from blogging. I used to fret if I hadn't blogged for a week! And, why did I fall off the face of the earth? Well, a combination of two things; the longest of drawing funks which coincided with my old trusted computer dying. I really never could have imagined how hard having no internet access (apart from very limited on my phone) would possibly be. Seriously, try it. You'll be tearing your hair out within a couple of days.

So, now I'm desperately trying to work out how to use this new old laptop. I am a pathetic creature. I do have lots of drawings to share and I look forward to doing that - when I've worked out how to make my old ancient scanner work on this laptop.

Thanks for continuing to visit and I promise to reward you with much new artwork. Now, back to the drawing board...

16 comments:

dinahmow said...

Does hoo-bloody-ray cover it? Pleased you're back in the water.

Scott Head said...

I wondered where you went. So nice to see you back. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to show us. Welcome back!
Scott

Dan Kent said...

Whew! Welcome back!

amuse me said...

You have been missed!

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

Welcome back.
The interweb break was probably healthy. More and more people are doing it these days, albeit by choice.

Looking forward to seeing what new stuff you've got.

Anonymous said...

I've missed you!

Caroline B said...

Good to have you back! Last time I was without (only for a week) I was climbing the walls - shocking how much you come to rely on it.

Jane said...

Hello, I have recently discovered your blog and have really enjoyed looking at the drawings. I also love to draw with ballpoint pens...Nice to see you back.

Sharon Hermens said...

I'm so glad you're back. Can't wait to see some new drawings. By the way..did you sketch that box of Christmas ornaments?
Sharon from Texas.

Sharon Hermens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dianne said...

Welcome back!

anopensketchbook said...

You're always missed...but a break does a body good too! So sorry to hear about your computer...I hope this new/old laptop can keep up!

Fourborne said...

Glad your back. I would go insane without my computers.

Fourborne said...

Glad your back. I would go insane without my computers.

Salvador Castío said...

Andrea, it's been a long time since I've stopped by your blog. It seems as if you've been going through something that I recently wrote about on my blog: drawing funk, technological issues. Stop by and have a look, and leave a comment or two! By the way, Welcome back!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you all so much, guys.
I guess a break does one good but the whole drawing funk thing is SO difficult. As was the lack of technology. Still, I'm back on it. Now, I just need work out how to get the software for my old scanner, learn how to use photoshop and get used to this laptop. Then I can make some posts!

Thanks again, I appreciate your support and comments SOOOOOO much x