Friday, February 10, 2012

i'll tie us together

So, here's another thing I just love about the artistic process. A while back I came up with the idea of making these little limited edition compliment slips to accompany all sales of zines, prints etc. Just a little way of saying thank you. Amazingly, I am running low on compliment slip no.1 ('wolf at my door') so I got to work on no.2.

Now, THIS is the bit I love; if I had not had the beret that I wore when I dressed as Penny Crayon, for my friend's children's tv character themed birthday party, I would never have thought of going to our sketchcrawl's Mad Hatter's Tea and Sketching Party dressed as a French artist and then I would never have come up with THIS drawing which in turn would never have developed into this idea for the next compliment slip. With me?

I really LOVE that about the artistic process.

I think these two look so cute side by side. I, in my mind, am seeing a poster of nine of them. So get buying so that I can work on he next seven! Only joking. A big thanks to each and everyone who has purchased my wares. You really do keep the wolf from my door. And my cat in fish.

6 comments:

T. Roger Thomas said...

If I had a source of steady income, I would be in a position to more seriously consider purchasing one of these.

Good luck with the sale!

Anonymous said...

Love'em!! xx

Anonymous said...

The artistic process is a wonderful thing - you never quite know where it will take you and I often ask myself 'how did I end up here!'

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the print which arrived this morning (and also the envelope, both of which are safely tucked away).

Thanks also for being such an inspiration - I never thought I would get hooked by a ballpoint but indeed I have. I love the intensity of working with it and also the meditative pace. I'll be collecting those compliment slips!

Best wishes
Michelle

Unknown said...

I like them both, but especially the new one.

Thank you for sharing the process behind it too, very nteresting.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, guys.

Michelle, pleased it arrived safely. Let me know the response to it!

Cheers, my dears.

suzanne cabrera said...

LOVE, love, love, love, love! I want the whole collection!

And....a birthday party based on childrens' characters! Oh, I've so got to do this!