Saturday, December 03, 2011

you are perfectly reflected

I've been working on some commissions recently, a couple of which were for visitors to my exhibition in the summer. I was very interested, during the exhibition, to know which drawings people liked the best; not for any particular reason, just for curiosity, I suppose. The drawings of collections of little things always seemed to come out on top.

This is one of two 'small thing' drawings I have completed since then. I love these drawings. It's kind of like doing a jigsaw. There's so much satisfaction in finding another piece that slots perfectly into place.

There is one issue I have with being commissioned to complete one of these drawings though; the moment when I have to ask "would you like me to include the pube?"

10 comments:

Caroline B said...

Say WHAT?...and I see that the answer was 'yes'...and I thought I got some weird commissions!

mo said...

love your sepia drawings, and how delightful to find a little blue in the midst of it.

you KNOW how much i love your artwork, especially the "pen" ones. but the first one that really confirmed my admiration for your artistry was "granny's jewelry stash" ... not only filled with small items but each item had its own story written next to it. those drawings are my top faves. but then ALL your pics are faves, so how does one pick? ;)

Melissa Jo Gibbs said...

Thanks to stumbling onto your blog one day I bought a new moleskin and new pens and cannot get enough of doodling similar sketches with your subject matter. I can't get enough of your drawings...hope you share pictures of all your commissions!

Anonymous said...

Pube really .....

Dawn said...

gorgeous, as always! glad you've been busy doing commissions! i love the blue marble sneaking in there :)

Unknown said...

You just made me snort coffee. Not the first time. ;)

essay help said...

Great! I like this post.

paydaymart said...

Good site! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks guys!

research paper said...

That article is so interesting and makes a very nice image in my mind. Thank you for sharing this info with us!