Tuesday, December 20, 2011

a two way street

This was a nice little surprise in my mail box today. I sold this drawing earlier in the year. It was destined for a little girl's bedroom wall on the other side of the world to me. How great does it look all mounted and framed? I would never have considered such vibrant colours or patterned mounts ('matts' in the US?). I probably would have gone with white. These photos make me totally reconsider how I'll frame my drawings in the future. I think it looks fabulous.

Do you have any of photos of my drawings in your homes? I'd love to gather some together for a future post.

Thanks, Oli, for these lovely pics.

13 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

In my kitchen: http://goo.gl/MlPmP

Anonymous said...

those are nice photos and great to see your work matted like that. I guess another perspective is always refreshing.

mo said...

love the matting on the pic, really picks up the colors of the artwork. don't particularly like the frame though, it's kind of heavy for the subject matter. really like Ryan's pic in the kitchen. don't usually like monochromatic, but it really works here. how fun to see your artwork, Andrea, when it's in someone else's home, eh?

happy holidays to you all ;)

universaldrugstore said...

Thank you for sharing this article. I love it. Keep on writing this type of great stuff.

essay writing help said...

Great thisisireally nice post!

Unknown said...

How fun to see where your artwork is living....

research paper said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. I also found your posts very interesting.

Anonymous said...

I've learnt over recent years that the framing and mounting of artwork can change everything but I'm really struggling to find a good picture framer in my area who can do it for me. I think I'm going to bully hubby into learning so he can do it for me. Your work looks great btw really fun and joyful

research paper writers said...

Interesting post. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love the mat, it really makes the artwork POP

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, guys.

Ive had to put that comment moderation thingy on my blog because I am fed up with the spam messages.

Cheers, my dears.

Emma said...

Here's one in my bedroom:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emusing-emma/6777404609/in/photostream