Sunday, September 14, 2008

there's something happening here

As I said in the last post, I've been moonlighting over at our MoleyX group recently. Whilst I'm loving this project hugely there is one downside. You cannot post your drawings when you've finished them, you must wait until the next person in the chain has received the sketchbook.

I find that quite frustrating. The waiting to post. I was the kind of kid that would go hunting the house for hidden Christmas presents when there was nobody at home. I WILL open early birthday pressies. And then stick all the wrapping paper neatly back together if need be. So, what I'm saying is, this part of the project is testing for me.

This is my contribution to Juj's Moley. In my opinion, these little Moleskines don't seem to scan that well. They usually look better in photos. Luckily, I love messing around with the camera. Unluckily, I end up having to try to pick the best shots from about 80 snaps. I am not exaggerating. Even now, just as I'm about to click on 'Publish Post', I'm still undecided as to whether I've chosen the right ones. I'm rubbish at making decisions. But, hey, that's another song.

Anyway, you can see the full set of photos HERE or visit our MoleyX blog HERE. You decide.

18 comments:

Pippa said...

WOW! Your drawings actually made me and my husband gasp!

Pippa said...

Ps For every photo I show, there are 100 rubbish ones I deleted!

suzanne cabrera said...

OH...you chose some good ones!!!! I love it. And you're right...photographs SO work.. I had no idea this had a three-dimensional component. Wow, you're blowing my socks off.

joseph's art and stuff said...

i love opening your blog and seeing new work, you continually amaze me. i could sit and stare for hours at all the fine detail. the photos look great and thanks for posting the other links.

Joana Vieira said...

I just loved your blog, you're an amazing artist :)

kiss kiss!

mrana said...

Not only is this exactly clear, it's gorgeous ... love the addition of 3d, wonderful.

kazumiwannabe said...

Another wonderful drawing, and the subjects are delighful. I get the same complete satisfaction when I watch your drawings as I had when I was a child watching Walt Disney drawings. Don't know exactly why, but your drawings are really special!

porter hovey said...

Ohhh! These are just lovely!!

Kerstin Klein said...

Your moly entries are all great. BTW: Did you agree on that rule? I´m in 4 moly_x groups and in none of them I have heard of this rule. As soon as someone has a new picture to post he´ll do so.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, folks. I'm not sure that it needed the four photos but I just couldn't whittle it down anymore.

Pippa, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. It is the magic of digital photography though, isn't it?

Kirsten, yeah, we decided on this before the project began. It's really good actually. I love the surprise you get when the Moley arrives - and have no idea what lies within.

Cheers, guys.

Odd Chick said...

this is one of my very, very favorites! Your drawings constantly inspire me to improve and stretch. I can't imagine you being impatient about posting when it appears that you have all the patience in the world with your drawings!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Hi Andrea, I don't comment much, but really look forward to seeing what you have drawn in each post, so much that I've nominated you for a blog award. The details are on my blog.

Allen Klosowski said...

Incredible work!

Teri said...

This one looks fabulous! I wish I could see them all right away also.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, folks. I'm glad you liked it.

It's funny how you can have patience in different areas of your life and not in others, isn't it? I guess I do have a lot of patience when it comes to drawing. That's what people keep telling me, anyway.

Cheers.

James G. Vaccari said...

always beautiful works! Congratz!

Eve said...

Wow! How lovely! Great job!

Anonymous said...

you are just brilliant!!!!
everything I expect from a illustrator!!

I am from China, it's really nice meeting you.