Tuesday, March 15, 2016

sketching Buxton

Here's a sketch I made today. I literally had fifteen minutes, on my parking, to get a coffee and sketch. I've this thirst for drawing out and about recently.
 Dunno why. Maybe its the new pens I've got (loving fountain pens right now). Maybe it's just dawned on me that there are so many fascinating buildings where I live. Maybe I'm just looking at things differently.
Dunno. Maybe it's, well, I don't know, but I always think it's good to go with that....that...that thing I don't know how to explain.
So, I'm in this amazing labyrinth of a local book shop, that truly is the best book shop I've ever been in, drawing the organ (yes the book shop has an organ) and I had about twenty minutes before they closed.
But it's enough time, you know? It's enough time to get out the fountain pen, water brush and get it down on the page.
Maybe that's it. Maybe I just can't believe it myself; that you can create something so fast. After years of taking hours and hours over a drawing I can't believe I can fill a page, in minutes, with something I'm happy with. And I am quite happy with these.
And then there are the days that I wake up and want to do some of that line work. The stuff that takes hours and hours. I dunno.

11 comments:

dinahmow said...

That thing you can't explain? I think it's an urge, an impulse.Something to do with the brain.Can't be ignored.

Christine said...

These are amazing, especially as you had such a short time to do them. I love the one of the bookshop....it DOES look like that!

eSeN said...

Love these drawings!

Manju Raj said...

wow your sketches are stunning.

Melody said...

please go back to the amazing book store and keep sketching, I want to see more..... creating feeds the soul, very important. :)))

Desiree said...

I love your sketches, especially the one of the bookstore, but I hope you don't mind me saying that the Opera House drawing is the one that I find absolutely amazing! I am a huge fan of these incredibly detailed images. Thank you for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

How I love your work. Which I discovered quite accidentally when I Googled "original paperdolls" or something along those lines. Keep posting; you are an inspiration to closet doodlers like me ! JP

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you thank you thank you! And sorry for being a rubbish blogger!

Unknown said...

Scriveners, one of my favourites places. Must get out to Buxton again this summer.

Riju tyagi said...

Loved your work and it's so detailed really inspired me... Thanks

I have recently opened a blog myself where I post my art...if you do have time pls go check it out at www.myartime.wordpress.com

Riju tyagi said...

Loved those art works they are so detailed and I am so inspired as a artist.

Also I recently opened a blog where I post my own art work...pls do check out if you have time at www.myartime.wordpress.com