Monday, August 11, 2014

and it all comes back to you

Drawing by Jeeda Barford
Phew! I've just wrapped up my time teaching at Sketchbook Skool for this semester. Thanks to everyone whose taken part in my classes - and been so kind about them! And, hello to everyone who has found my work via the Skool. Plus, a HUGE thanks for all the orders, of books and zines, from my shop. I am wading through them all. Please bear with me, I sign, wrap, package them all myself. And, wasn't expecting quite as many.

Here, in this drawing you can see a) the generosity shown to me by the students and b) some of the things that I talked about on my course, like, drawing room plans, making an illustrated letter and handwriting exercises. 

Big thanks to Jeeda for this lovely drawing. I feel a little embarrassed, and certainly overwhelmed, by the attention. It's quite surreal.

Thank you for having me Sketchbook Skool. It's been a blast!
And, if you'd like to enrol on my course, next time it comes around, you can do so HERE.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved your class Andrea! Nice to finally "meet" you :)

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a great Sketch Jeeda made for you! How thoughtful that was. I missed out on the sketchbook skool this time around but maybe in the future! You should teach your own classes Andrea!

Gloria Hansen said...

I loved being in your class, Andrea! I am glad you taught at Sketchbool Skool, and I hope our drawing paths cross again!

liz said...

You are amazingly talented! I wish I could attend one of your classes because I am more of a painter than a drawer. (Hope that made sense!) Anyway I always look forward to your posts! So thank you for posting all your creativeness on to the inter-web!

Liz

Cindy B said...

You're class was awesome! I am so inspired! Thank you fror sharing your time and expertise. I ordered 2 of your zines and wished I could have ordered more. I will be watching when you do more.
Thanks!
Cindy Burton

Susan said...

I loved your klass Andrea. I had no idea how much fun a ball point pen could be! It's a technique that I will pursue as your work has always intrigued me and the klass taught me so much! Thanks for being such a super instructor!

Unknown said...

hahahaha ya gonna be famouser and famouser and everybody's gonna draw in biro ! Congrats from Yorkshire

Anonymous said...

You were more than inspirational Andrea. I completely enjoyed your class, your style, your nudge to try new things. I was stunned at being so comfortable drawing with a ballpoint pen! Who knew? I hope to see you in SBS -- or another sketching class -- again. Best to you.

Serena Lewis said...

Thanks for an awesome klass, Andrea! I loved your videos and can't wait to get caught up with the homework. I must check out your zines. :)

I doubt you remember me but I remember seeing your work way back when I was on the EveryDayMatters Yahoo group years ago.

Jane Kaye said...

Andrea, I loved your class! When I saw that you were one of the teachers this semester, I signed up at once. Thanks for your insight and perspective on drawing, and for sharing your amazing work. Each tiny corner of each of your pages is a feast for the eyes. What a treat!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Can't wait to take your class! Hopefully next semester!

CC said...

Hi, Andrea! In a bunch of classes right now & can't do SBS...so wondered if you ever have classes besides there? Like online forever classes? I have a chronic illness & am a little slow at getting to things! So just thought I'd put a bug in your ear! Not literally, of course! ;) ♥

Anita said...

i loved your class too. you work is awesome!