Monday, May 21, 2012

fame is but a fruit tree

Fame is but a fruit tree. Isn't that a great line by the beautiful Nick Drake? I'd like to have known him.

Anyway, here's another of the backdrops I am illustrating for the Buxton Festival's production of James and the Giant Peach. I'm pretty happy with this one and though I might still add a little background I also liked it against the white.

Right, I'm off to do some more drawing whilst day dreaming about knowing Nick Drake. Sounds like a perfect afternoon. If only I didn't have to go to work. Ah well, you can't have it all.

Lots more on it's way this week.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Introverted Art said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.

12:38 AM  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, Intorverted Art!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Miguel Herranz said...

I understand you're happy with this drawing... I should be too.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Lalav said...

I'm totally in love with Nick, and finding an artwork about his songs is so touching.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Simi said...

This is amazing, how you got such range and tone from coloured pencils is beyond me, I never seem to be able to do it. I am an artist to but I still have a long way to go. Great work, love your doodles :)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.