Wednesday, October 26, 2011

where the feeling stays

I've had the idea for this drawing in my head for so long now, for at least a year, but it's been a real struggle to get it down on paper.
As soon as the idea came to me, probably in the shower, I felt it could look really great.
I put an outline of a couple of pairs of legs on the page and then left it.
At some point later I coloured in those legs but I still wasn't feeling it. So, I left it some more.
When I'd decided that my next zine was going to be about drawing with a four colour ballpoint I knew that that's the direction I should go with this.
This would be one of the 'big' drawings of the new zine.
Finally, over the last few days I sat down and finished it.
Which was when I really got into it.
Then I found myself thinking "why didn't you get into this sooner? I'm enjoying this drawing sooo much".
Welcome to my world.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger MollyGirl said...

i am absolutely amazed at what you can do with a ball point pen!

and i, too, seem to come up with my best ideas in the shower... if only i could always remember them later! :-)

1:43 PM  
Anonymous webpromo said...

Wow... Thanks.. I'm at the first time on your blog! And I like it! Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work.

2:44 PM  
Blogger The Wearwithal said...

Love it.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Eric Lay said...

Groovy!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Julie Clay Illustration said...

Love it, what a great way to do the jeans! Do some more please! Ta!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Pattio said...

LOVE IT!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Brian Gnyp said...

I also follow Pete's blog. I love both your work. Keep drawing!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Caatje said...

Amazing! Just amazing how you can take simple supplies and make such stunning work with them. Love it.

11:40 AM  
Blogger T. Roger Thomas said...

Those are good text boxes

2:08 AM  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, lovely people!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous academic writers wanted said...

Very nice post. Thanks a lot for it!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous online writing jobs said...

Some idea came to me in the shower too XD
I like this work. it`s looks really nice.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous nexium said...

I really liked your article.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.