Monday, May 24, 2010

train of love

Well, hello folks.

A quick catch up here, as I have limited time online. I just wanted to say thanks for all the messages and kind words. I am not up and running, as far as internet access is concerned, quite yet. I'm not sure when I'll be 'back to normal' but it's going to be a little while longer, for sure. It's been difficult to keep up with my mail too, so please bear with me.

You know, not being online so much has been crazily frustrating, but at the same time extremely refreshing. I have so much more time - but where the hell do you turn when you really need to know what else the bloke who plays Cousin Andy, from the Larry David Show, has been in? For example.

I am drawing loads, and in that respect, being offline has come at a good time. I am currently working on something that I've been dying to tell y'all (yes, I'm bilingual) about. But I don't know if I'm allowed to, yet. I've been sworn to the official secrets act. But a clue is 'book'. And another is 'juvenilia'. And, if you insist, the last clue I am giving you it's by a very very famous broad. That's it. I ain't telling you another thing. Get Googling.

Lastly, not leastly, a message to everyone who has pre ordered Molezine 2. Sorry about the delay, folks, but finally, they will ALL be sent out by the end of the week. I'll hopefully put some photos up by then too. I really hope you like them. Anyone thinking of buying one, now is a very good time, as it'll help towards the new PC fund! Find them HERE.

And, even more lastly, I haven't been able to scan anything so I'm posting one of my favourite drawings from the last few years of blogging.

Thanks again, for the messages of support. Missing you all. Apologies if this post sounds a bit nuts. I'm up against the clock. One hour of library computer is just about up.

19 comments:

no way said...

I'm very excited for you, Andrea. I've enjoyed (and been inspired by) your work for a long time, and I'm happy to hear about good things coming your way. Hopefully a new computer will be one of those things!

hhaappyymee said...

You're AMAZING!
I've been inspired by you and your work.

Hope you have a lovely day :)

joseph's art and stuff said...

looking forward to your return!

Anonymous said...

*hand up in air*
Miss ! Miss ! I know this one, I do ! :)
You've been commssioned to illustrate a hitherto unpublished book that JK Rowling wrote when she was younger !:)

Rachael said...

Hurrah! The new project sounds exciting. I'm wondering how much more work I'd get done without the internet... will try it tomorrow.

Tim said...

'splishy, sploshy, wishy, washee' - don't you just love Kate Bush. Glad to see you're working hard, you may make enough money to visit the Capital of Texas with Miss Seymour.

caseytoussaint said...

This is something - who else could make something so beautiful from such a humble subject. Congratulations on the exciting project.

littlelixie said...

Just got my zines in the post and - wow! Only had a quick look as am at work but had to come on here and comment. Amazing work and the zines themselves are the best quality productions I've ever seen. Really looking forward to having a closer look tonight!

Dan Kent said...

Sorry for the ever-present computer crisis, but happy you are having more time to draw. Intrigued by your opportunity. I love this sketch - so unique and wonderful - never in a 1000 years would I have thought of this as a subject.

A Brush with Color said...

good to see you again! I'm excited for you and the book--I immediately thought JK Rowling--wow--how exciting for you. Just awesome. Lots of luck. You so deserve it.

Tracy said...

i keep checking your blog and today i was rewarded to see a drawing :-) and happy to find out you've got some good things going on. you deserve it.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you all folks.
Hopefully be back online properly soon.

BTW, it's NOT JK Rowling!!!!!!!
I wouldn't be having these finance problems if it were. It's somebody a lot older. In fact, it's somebody dead!

Thanks for continuing to check in. Can't wait to get posting more drawings.

Cheers.

Stephen Hall said...

Hmmm? Jane Austen's early stuff? Be good it it was! Sorry to hear about you poorly laptop. Hope you get back on line soon :-)

suzanne cabrera said...

I feel your pain. Hope you are well despite no internet. Maybe you're having an amazing artistic surge?!?

Carole said...

Just got my 'zines! Thank you so much, they are fantastic!
Good luck with your exciting top secretish project and I hope you get a new computer soon.
Cheers,
Carole.

Something Different said...

I just got Moly # 2 in the mail and love it! thank you so much for pointing out that my name is included! I am flattered of all the blogs out there ... BLUSH.

Thanks, you made my day!

°kami° said...

Gorgeous and very beautiful pictures. Your work is very inspiring

Making A Mark said...

So sorry to hear about your computer woes Andrea and I do hope that you'll be up and running/scanning/posting again very soon.

I've just included this blog on my "resources for artists" site which has a module for contemporary artists and illustrators working in pen and ink. I think you might enjoy the company! ;) See Pen and Ink - Resources for Artists

OK - I'm virtually certain my guess is correct re your project and I'm very excited for you!!!

The very, very famous broad is Jane Austen.

I'm guessing what you're working on is a graphic / illustrated version of her book Juvenilia

SKIZO said...

Great
Work

good
sources
of
Inspiration