Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

let there be love

My first drawing in a week. Haven't even picked up a pen. Sometimes it's good to have a break. Recharge these batteries. And, I'm such a creature of habit. I find it very difficult to draw unless I'm sat in this very armchair. So after the most gorgeous week away - full of laughs, singing, driving, laughs, Top Gear, laughs and love - I got back, crashed into this chair and came up with this.

This one's for you Cla. Love ya!

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back! The drawing is great.
    Have a great weeeK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:18 PM

    Great subject idea and amazing execution, as always. I love how it hinges across the book spread! Glad you enjoyed your trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome awesome awesome! I want a suitcase like this! Welcome back Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a refreshing break is a good thing but I am happy you are back with your wonderful art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:56 AM

    great stuff, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:43 AM

    I was listening to Oasis TODAY for the first time in (seriously) a couple of years. How funny.
    Love the suitcase that opens with the Moleskine.
    Love the details. And it's all so... YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:00 PM

    Glad you're back. You've definitely been missed. Looking in your suitcase is lots of fun. I don't know how the brownies survived! BTW, what is Top Gear?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Brilliant as always! And yes, you were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaw, shucks (is that how you spell it?). Thanks guys.

    I kind of did this on auto-pilot, after a seven hour drive. It just came out, no thinking about it. It's not a real suitcase, but imagined, but Jo I want one just like it too.

    France, now that is strange! I love Oasis, great songwriting and great driving tunes to sing a long to.

    Suzanne, Top Gear is THE BEST tv programme here in the UK. I am addicted. It is about cars predominantly, but it is so much more than that...plus I have a crush on one of the presenters! Ha.

    Cheers folks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. see i've been preoccupied with this and that and i come back here and say aaaaaaah. just such a lovely drawing - i wish i had that suitcase as well for a nice long trip to no where in particular

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:15 PM

    Well aren'y you a neat packer. I know I say it alot but I'm always amazed at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great drawing, but the question is: Did you manage to repack everything so neatly coming home as you did when you set out? ;-) (I never can)

    A crush on a Top Gear presenter, which one? My favourite is Captain Slow (James May) :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaw, thanks lovely people.

    Tracy and Janey, your support and kind words mean so much to me, thanks.

    Elizabeth, this one is drawn from the imagination, in reality I threw a load of clothes in some Ikea bags - classy. And, DEFINATELY Captain Slow!! SO cute. The flowery shirt is a tribute to the lovely man!

    Cheers guys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! I love Top Gear! The funniest show in America, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the suitcase drawings, they're really wonderful. It makes me think of an old suitcase full of travel-stickers that I found in a trash container a couple of years ago (I took it with me and it is one of my favourite elements at home now).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous7:46 PM

    James May Is So NOT Nice Lookingg , Richard Hammond is thee bestt x
    Lurvee thee drawingg x
    lurvee clarice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everybody!

    Clarice, you are WRONG. And James would beat Richard in a fight and a race and he can fly a plane. That makes him the best.

    ReplyDelete